Is someone in trouble in the water?
This is how you can help
- Call for help, call 112 or alert a lifeguard
- Throw something that floats
- Or stick out something that can be grasped
- ‘Coach’ someone to the side
- Do not take your eyes off the person in the water, so you know where he or she is
Never jump into the water. Then you can get into trouble yourself.
Also, remember these three essential tips for when you get into trouble in the water yourself:
- Do not panic
- Start floating on your back or use something that helps you float, such as a football
- Call or wave for help